- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, sliched thin
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a glass 8×8 dish and set aside.
- Combin the slightly beaten egg with hash browns and parmesan cheese.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the glass dish.
- Bake the crust for 15 mintues or until the edges begin to brown.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in zucchini and red pepper. Stir often, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ham, basil, salt and pepper until well combined. Remove the pan from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs and milk together in a large mixing bowl. Add in the zucchini mixture and cheese, stirring to blend. Pour the mixture into the baked potato crust.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until set. Allow the casserole to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe comes from a Hillbilly Housewife cookbook.
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into tenders
- 2 Cans of Green Beans – (Note: NEVER purchase unsalted, canned green beans. They are nasty!)
- 5 -6 Small Red Potatoes – Diced up into quarters
- 1 Package of Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of Butter
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- All of the ingredients go in the a 9×13 dish. You’re going to make 3 rows: 1 row of potatoes, 1 row of chicken in the center, and 1 row of green beans.
- Sprinkle your packet of Italian Dressing mix over the entire dish.
- Then melt your butter in the microwave and pour it over everything.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour.
I found several versions of this recipe but this one mainly came from this blog here!
- ½ c panko bread crumbs
- 1 c buttermilk OR 1 cup milk mixed with 1 TBS vinegar
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ c minced onion, pressed between paper towels to remove excess moisture (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- ¼ c capers, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS dried parsley
- 3 TBS butter
- 1/3 c flour
- 3 c low-sodium beef broth OR 3 c water and 2 small cubes of beef bouillon
- 3-4 TBS milk, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with: Boiled red potatoes tossed in butter
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (seriously, doing this saves a lot of scrubbing time later!)
- Combine bread crumbs and buttermilk in a large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add beef, pork, egg, onion, capers, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley. Combine with your hands.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions and roll into balls. Place on baking sheet. Broil 10-12 minutes on low or until they are brown on top.
- While meatballs are browning, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add 1 cup beef broth and whisk together until completely smooth. Add remaining beef broth and increase heat to medium so it starts to simmer and thicken.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, remove from heat and stir in milk or cream if you want.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
This is my budget-friendly adaptation from Our Best Bites “Savoring the Seasons” Swedish Meatball recipe. This cookbook is amazing!! You need it. Buy it here.
- 3 – 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan or casserole dish.
- Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan. Place the diced chicken breasts evenly on top. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon crumbles, 1/4 cup of the cheese, and half the green onions.
- Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top, followed by the remaining bacon, another 1/4 cup cheese, remaining green onions and another 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour milk over top of casserole and then dot with the butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes. In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bake until melted. Serve.
Find the original recipe here!
Serves: 4-6 Prep: 25 minutes Cook: 45 minutes Ready in 1 hr 10 min
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Peal and quarter potatoes and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until you can mash them easily. Cool, and partially mash together with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. Set aside.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes, butter, spinach, garlic, and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a blender or food processor, and blend until almost smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and green bell pepper until tender. Reserve remaining oil in skillet, and spread onion and pepper over the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with the potato mixture.
- Mix the sun-dried tomato mixture into the skillet with the remaining oil. Place chicken in skillet, and cook 4 minutes on each side over medium heat, until browned and juices run clear. Arrange chicken and sun-dried tomato mixture over the potato mixture in the casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
Serving Suggestions: Caesar Salad and Garlic Bread
Recipe Adapted from this recipe here
Adapted from a recipe from Bakeaholic Mama Please check out her blog for more delicious recipes!
- 6 large potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup diced onions
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs BBQ seasoning
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- Sliced Scallions.
- In your slow cooker add your potatoes, onions, stock, garlic, BBQ seasoning, BBQ sauce. Cook on high for about 4-5 hour or low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix in milk, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Dish up into bowls and dollop each serving with sour cream, sprinkle with bacon and scallions.