- 2.5 Roast Beef (chuck or whatever cut you want)
- 1 pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 jar Green Salsa
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Place roast in the crock pot
- Sprinkle ranch dressing mix and ground cumin on top/
- Cover with green salsa.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks when it is done.
- Allow meat to cool and divide for future recipes and store in freezer until you need it.
Shredded Beef Tacos
1 lb Beef Taco Meat
1 pkg Taco Shells
1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Topping ideas: shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, salsa, taco sauce
Fill tacos with meat and toppings! Enjoy 🙂
- 2.5 lb chuck roast
- flour (start with 1/4 cup)
- garlic salt
- dried rosemary
- butter (start with 2-3 TBS)
- 1 lb package of baby carrots
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 red potatoes
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 packet onion soup mix
- 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can beef broth
Combine some flour, garlic salt, and dried rosemary and lightly cover the roast.
In a skillet on the stove, melt the butter and then sear all sides of the meat
Place meat in slow cooker and add baby carrots, onion powder, small red potatoes and celery.
Combined 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, ½ a packet of onion soup mix, 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce, and 1 can of beef broth. Pour over the meat in the slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4 hours and the turn it down to low for 2 hours.
Serving suggestions: Cheese Risotto and French Bread
I originally was going to use this recipe but I saw someone posted a comment a different version of it and I LOVED it. So I’m not sure how to reference a comment of a recipe but sdgirl who posted back in 2006. haha.
My mom has been making this recipe for as long as I can remember so I have no idea where it came from. All I know is that it is delicious!
- 6 TBS margarine
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBS salt
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 lbs round steak, tenderized
- 1/2 c Sour Cream
- 1 cup Water
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes
- Mix seasonings and flour in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet.
- Dip meat in flour mixture and place into skillet.
- Brown meat on both sides
- Mix sour cream and water together and pour over meat.
- Cook on medium heat for 35 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes
- ½ c panko bread crumbs
- 1 c buttermilk OR 1 cup milk mixed with 1 TBS vinegar
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ c minced onion, pressed between paper towels to remove excess moisture (or 1 tsp onion powder)
- ¼ c capers, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS dried parsley
- 3 TBS butter
- 1/3 c flour
- 3 c low-sodium beef broth OR 3 c water and 2 small cubes of beef bouillon
- 3-4 TBS milk, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with: Boiled red potatoes tossed in butter
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (seriously, doing this saves a lot of scrubbing time later!)
- Combine bread crumbs and buttermilk in a large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add beef, pork, egg, onion, capers, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley. Combine with your hands.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions and roll into balls. Place on baking sheet. Broil 10-12 minutes on low or until they are brown on top.
- While meatballs are browning, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add 1 cup beef broth and whisk together until completely smooth. Add remaining beef broth and increase heat to medium so it starts to simmer and thicken.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, remove from heat and stir in milk or cream if you want.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
This is my budget-friendly adaptation from Our Best Bites “Savoring the Seasons” Swedish Meatball recipe. This cookbook is amazing!! You need it. Buy it here.