This marinara sauce recipe is one of my mom’s signature recipes (the other is her caramel recipe but I can’t share that one 😉 ). It is SO good.
- 3 – 14.5 oz cans of tomatoes (For even better results, use a quart of home-grown bottled tomatoes.)
- 1 – 6 oz can tomato paste
- 6 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large pot on the stove and bring to a boil on high. Watch it closely though because it comes to a boil very quickly! My mom’s words, “It starts spitting!”
- Once it comes to a boil, turn it down to low or medium low and bring it down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
**This is a great sauce to have on hand for pizza, spaghetti, etc. Whatever you don’t use right away, put it in small containers (we do 2 cup increments) and freeze it! It stores great in the freezer.
** Pair with this whole wheat herbed pizza dough and some cheese for an incredible pizza!