- 1 Boston butt or pork shoulder roast (3-4 lbs)
- 1 large onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottles BBQ Sauce
- Rolls or Bread
- Place pork roast in the slow cooker on top of the sliced onions; add entire bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for about 9 hours, or until very tender.
- Drain off fat, discard bones. Shred pork in the existing sauce. Continue cooking on high for about 1 hour.
- Serve shredded pork on rolls or normal slices of bread.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 hour(s)
Original Recipe Found Here!
Adapted from a recipe from Bakeaholic Mama Please check out her blog for more delicious recipes!
- 6 large potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup diced onions
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs BBQ seasoning
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- Sliced Scallions.
- In your slow cooker add your potatoes, onions, stock, garlic, BBQ seasoning, BBQ sauce. Cook on high for about 4-5 hour or low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix in milk, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Dish up into bowls and dollop each serving with sour cream, sprinkle with bacon and scallions.
YIELD: MAKES 4-5 LARGE QUESADILLAS
- 8 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, store-bought or this homemade version
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sour cream, salsa, avocados for serving
- Preheat a griddle or skillet on the stovetop to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the turkey, barbecue sauce and green chiles. Spread an equal amount of this mixture on four of the tortillas (or five if you are spreading it thinner and making more quesadillas). Sprinkle the green onions over the top of the mixture and then top with the shredded cheese. Top with a tortilla and place the quesadillas on the griddle or stovetop, cooking for about 2-3 minutes each side until the tortillas are golden brown and crisp and the filling is hot and cheese is melted.
Recipe and Photo Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 45 min
Makes: 6 servings (1 1/4 cups each)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) baked beans
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 TBS butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 425°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir baked beans and barbecue sauce into beef. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 18 to 22 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
Thanks Betty Crocker for the recipe 🙂