- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1-2 TBS cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut your french bread loaf in half length-wise
- Spread bbq sauce evenly over the top of each bread
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella over the top of each loaf
- Spread chicken, red onion and cilantro evenly over both loaves.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden.
Source: Like Mother Like Daughter
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 – 1 TBS hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 5 9-inch flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- shredded lettuce, tomatoes, diced avocados, additional sour cream – for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, hot sauce, onion powder and seasoning salt.
- In another bowl, combine all 3 cheeses.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Crisp-ify the tortillas by adding one tortilla to the hot oil and flipping when the first side is slightly browned. Continue with the remaining tortillas, adding more oil if needed.
- Assembly: Place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the springform pan. Spread on 1/5 of the sour cream mixture, followed by 1/4 of the chicken, and 1/5 of the cheese mixture. Add another tortilla and repeat until you’ve laid the final tortilla on the top. Spread with the remaining sour cream mixture and top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the stack is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes for easier slicing. Top with lettuce, tomato, avocados and more sour cream, if desired.
Thanks to Taste and Tell for the amazing recipe!
- 1-2 TBS olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 (15 oz) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup vegetable juice
- 1 TBS dried basil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TBS milk
- Optional: Cooked pasta (8-10 oz) orzo or broken spaghetti
- Optional: Cooked, crumbled ground beef, ground turkey, or italian sausage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until garlic is gragrant.
- Add onion powder, dried basil, un-drained tomatoes, broth and juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or put it in the blender!), blend the mixture until the soup has reached your desired consistency.
- Add milk and any optional ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
Original recipe comes from the new Our Best Bites Savoring the Seasons cook book!
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 12 pieces of bread (for 6 sandwiches)
- 6 slices of cheese
- Preheat a griddle.
- Butter BOTH sides of the bread (yum!) then place 6 pieces on the griddle.
- Layer each with a slice of cheese and top with another slice of bread.
- Cook on one side until the bottom bread is nice and toasted and the cheese has started to melt.
- Flip and cook on the other side until it is nice and golden brown.
- ½ c Caesar dressing (for marinating)
- Caesar dressing (for tossing)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 heads romain lettuce
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- Garlic-herb croutons
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag. Add ½ c caesar dressing. Let marinate for as little as 30 minutes – 6 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat or just plug in your George Foreman 😉
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade and let excess drip off. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Let cool to room temperature and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Wash and dry lettuce and tear into bite sized pieces. Place in large bowl and add parmesan cheese, croutons, and prepared chicken.
- Toss with dressing to taste. If you’d like, add additional cheese and pepper to each serving.
This recipe is adapted from the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad recipe from Our Best Bites new cookbook “Savoring the Seasons”
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 1 piece of steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBS oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 1 can of beef broth OR 2 c. water with 3 small OR 1 large beef bouillon cubes
- 1 box angel hair pasta cooked according to directions on box
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat frying pan with oil. Add garlic, onion and salt. Stir fry for one minute.
- Add beef and cook until medium.
- Remove beef and onion from pan and place in a bowl.
- Pour beef broth or water into frying pan with cornstarch. Stir around until the
- cornstarch is completely mixed in. Bring to a boil.
- When mixture is thick, add the meat and veggies to the sauce and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over noodles
The original recipe can be found here
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4-6 Servings
- 6 ounces (2 1/2 cups) uncooked bowtie pasta
- 2 Land O Lakes® Italian Herb Sauté Express® squares
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (this would be really good with Italian style or fire roasted diced tomatoes too!)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Melt Sauté Express® squares in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat just until bubbles begin to form.
- Place ground beef into skillet. Cook 4-6 minutes or until browned. (Do not drain beef.)
- Add spinach and diced tomatoes. Cook 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted and heated through. Add cooked pasta. Stir until well mixed.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Continue cooking, without stirring, 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.