Do your kids love chicken nuggets? My son is a chicken nugget fiend. EVERY single time we go to my mother-in-law’s house, he asks her for some. He’s only 3 but he can down 8 nuggets like it’s nobody’s business. I’m not really a fan of the processed stuff you buy in the store or get at a restaurant but homemade nuggets are great!
Easy Chicken Nuggets (about 24 Nuggets)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Optional healthy idea: Add 1/3 of a head of cauliflour to the food processor
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor until chicken is finely chopped and ingredients are combined.
3. Place the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl or on a plate and stir to combine.
4. With moistened hands, roll 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten it into a “nugget” shape.
5. Gently press nuggets into bread crumbs to evenly coat them.*
6. Place nuggets on a cooling rack. Place cooling rack over a foil-lined baking sheet.
7. Lightly spray nuggets with cooking spray.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and serve.**
* To freeze, place nuggets on a sheet tray after this step and freeze for one hour. Place nuggets in labeled freezer bags for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, follow the directions starting with step #6
** If you want your nuggets to be golden brown, place under the broiler for 2 minutes after cooking
Who’s a fan of Weelicious? I am!!