Makes 4 Servings
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Small chicken breasts OR 2 large ones cut in half)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 425 degrees or heat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Place four large pieces of foil on the counter and spray them lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top each foil piece with a chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, Rotel and cumin.
- Divide mixture among the four foil packages, evenly topping each piece of chicken.
- Pull up the long sides of foil and crimp together, then fold up the short sides of foil and crimp. Leave extra room in each packet for steam.
- Place sealed packets seam side up a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 20 minutes or grill for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and open each packet carefully. Sprinkle each packet with 1/4 cup cheese and close each packet.
- Let sit for 2 minutes for cheese to melt before serving. Top with green onions and serve. (Tip from the blogger: poke a small hole in the bottom of the packets and drain the juices over a sink so the chicken isn’t watery.)