Pair these kabobs with a salad and rice for the perfect dinner!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 lemons (washed)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 7-8 green onions (we actually leave this out and add onion powder to the marinade)
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into thirds, and then slice again into about 1-inch chunks. Place chicken chunks in a ziploc bag and set aside.
- Zest* one of the lemons and add to a medium size bowl. Juice that lemon plus one more, add to the lemon zest and then add the minced garlic and oregano and stir. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk to combine. Add kosher salt and pepper. Pour the marinade into the bag with the chicken chunks.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes- 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to grill, prepare the grill by lightly greasing the grate with cooking spray and set to medium high heat.
- If using wooden skewers, you have to prep them by soaking them in water for 10 minutes. Metal ones don’t need to be prepped at all.
- Slice the remaining lemon in thin rounds and then slice the rounds in half. Trim the bottoms of the green onions off and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Thread one piece of the chicken onto a skewer then two slices of green onion, and then another piece of chicken. Fold a slice of lemon in half and thread next to the chicken, grouping closely on the skewer. Add another piece of chicken, then green onions and repeat the pattern until you’ve reached the end of the skewer, ending with chicken. Discard any of the remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken, turning often so each side browns and has light grill marks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Thanks FoodieCrush for the delicious recipe
* I don’t have a zester so I use mine fine cheese grater and it works great.