Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices thinly-sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss or Havarti cheese, each slice cut in half
- Olive Oil
- Cut chicken breasts not quite all the way in half and open them up.
- Place 2 slices of ham (folded up) on each breast and then top ham with two cheese halves. Close halves.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place the breasts in a large zip-top bag and drizzle in olive oil to well-coat all sides of the breasts.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill or indoor grill pan.
- Place chicken cut-side up onto the grill. Close lid to grill or loosely cover indoor grill pan (if using) with foil.
- Allow to grill for 10 – 15 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the chicken and let cook for another 5+ minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. (It may be more or less depending on how thick your chicken is.)
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Check out this and other amazing recipes at Joyously Domestic!