- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1-1/4 lb Ground Beef
- 1 can 15-oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper
- 8 oz, Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste) OR 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of black pepper and onion powder if you choose to use it instead of onions. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add black pepper. Add to noodles and stir.
- Add green onions if you choose to use them.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
- Serve with french bread
This amazing recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman