This recipe is amazing. Seriously I love the sweet of the cookie mixed with the salty of the pretzel crust. It’s perfect. Just make sure you don’t use the crumbs at the bottom of the pretzel bag. That adds way too much salt.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Reese’s peanut butter cups, chopped up
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine crushed pretzels, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Press mixture firmly into the bottom and up sides of a 10″ deep-dish pie pan. Now if you don’t have a 10″ deep dish pie pan, you can easily put these into 2 more shallow 9″ pans.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While crust is baking make the blondie filling.
- Cream butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar with your mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- On low speed, add in baking soda, salt and flour.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and Reese’s.
- Press mixture on top of baked crust.
- Place pie back in oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove and cover top with aluminum foil to prevent burning the top and put back into oven for 15 – 20 minutes
The recipe I adapted said you needed to let it cool completely before serving or it will be mushy but I LOVE ooey, gooey, chocolatey cookies so I like it when it’s still warm 🙂