This dish was a huge hit with my husband! He said he could have eaten the entire pan himself 🙂 Yay! That’s what I call a success!
Yield: 6-8 servings.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 6 TBS butter, divided
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed or fresh broccoli
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary, crushed OR 1/4 tsp ground rosemary
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and soup. Set aside.
- In a 10-in. skillet, melt 2 TBS Butter and toast 1/2 the french bread until lightly browned. Put toasted bread in the glass dish. Repeat with the remaining bread.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes.
- Then saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Add broccoli, onion salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper; heat through.
- Stir in chicken mixture to the bread cubes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p9