- 1 lb very lean ground beef
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TB dried parsley
- 1 TB dried basil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1, 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1, 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 cup V8 (or any vegetable drink)
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mozzarella cheese
1. Mix together the can of tomatoes, and tomato paste in slow cooker.
2. Next add broth, beef, garlic, parsley, basil, onion, V8 and salt/pepper.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
4. When 30 minutes are left of cook time, add in the 1 cup of water and noodles. Stir to combine. Put lid back on and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Serve into bowls and top with mozzarella cheese.
Click here for the original recipe and a vegetarian option!