- 2 chicken breasts minced or 1lb ground chicken
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 zucchini squash–small, grated
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- ½ c panko crumbs
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg ( beaten )
- 5 hoagie buns (or 10 slices of bread!)
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¾ c marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients listed above the bread.
- Form into balls about the size of a ping-pong ball and place on baking sheet
- Cook meatballs for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm.
- If using sub rolls, cut sub rolls making the bottom a little deeper than the top. Hollow out a little bread and lightly toast the sub rolls under broiler. If using bread, just lightly toast bread under broiler. (DON’T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF IT!!)
- Remove bread from oven and top with meatballs, a little sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Return to broiler to melt the cheese until golden.
Makes 5 sandwiches