- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, halved and sliced into thin half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons A-1 steak sauce
- 1 pound deli roast beef, cut into 2-inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (6-inch) sub rolls, split partially open lengthwise (or 8 pieces of bread to save money)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the broiler in your oven and adjust a rack to the upper-middle position. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter, Add the onion and cook until softened and golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and oregano and cook for a minute, until it smells fragrant. Add the A-1 sauce and the beef, stirring well to coat the beef with the sauce and onion/butter mixture. Cook until the meat is heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Divide the beef mixture among the rolls. Top with the cheese and broil until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. I ALWAYS manage to burn things when I use the broiler so stay right by it and stare at it through the over door so you don’t burn it. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe << Seriously one of my all time favorite food blogs. You should follow her.