Prep Time: 2 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours
Yield: 2 lbs pork
Serving Size: 1 Cup Each
- 1 Pork Shoulder/Butt (approx 2 lbs)
- 1 Old El Paso Sauce Packet (Roasted Garlic
- 1 Cup Root Beer (A&W)
- 2 Cups Light Brown Sugar
Ingredients for Serving:
- Black Beans
- Ranch Dressing (or make your own Creamy Tomatillo Dressing!)
- Place the pork in a slow cooker. Mix the sauce, rootbeer and brown sugar in a bowl and pour all over the pork. Cook on low for 6 hours, remove the meat and shred (it should be quite easy and tender). Place the meat back in the sauce and cook on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Serve immediately homemade or store bought fresh tortillas with lettuce, rice, any cheese, beans, dressing, cilantro and limes
I’ve seen a lot of recipes that use Dr. Pepper or Coke but my family doesn’t drink these so I thought I’d try a recipe using Root beer! Carrian over at Oh Sweet Basil who is the mastermind behind this recipe said that with this roasted garlic sauce Root Beer seemed to bring out the best flavor.