Have any of you people ever had the privilege of eating at J-Dawgs? Some of you are probably thinking, what in the world is J-Dawgs?? But those of you who have been to Provo, UT are probably salivating now 😉 J-Dawgs started as a simple little hot dog stand started by a BYU student and has been a thriving business ever since. Side note: I lived right behind the original J-Dawgs stand (which also happened to be behind the most wonderful place ever called “SmartCookie”. SmartCookie = heaven on earth).
Anyways, what made them so successful was its “secret sauce.” Put that on a hot dog and BAM! Suddenly it’s the most amazing hot dog you’ve ever eaten in your life. Here is a copy cat version of the recipe!
- 1 pkg Beef bun length hot dogs
- 1 pkg hot dog buns (get some good quality ones!)
- 3/4 C ketchup
- 3/4 C barbeque sauce
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
J Dawg Directions
- Mix up sauce by mixing all “sauce” ingredients together
- Put hot dogs on the grill
- Once you flip them, cut them in a crisscross pattern (as shown in the picture)
- Put hot dog in a bun and SMOTHER it with the sauce.
- BAM! You now have an incredible copycat JDawg. Enjoy!
Original Sauce recipe found here: http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/jdawg-sauce/