Now this one isn’t your typical slow cooker dinner that you can put on in the morning and leave all day. More like, you make it after you put your baby down for a nap kind of recipe.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package dry italian dressing/seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the chicken, pat dry with paper towels and trim the fat off. Then cut them in half so they are more like tenders.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the chicken in the flour.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the chicken to the pan and brown each side of the chicken, but not cooking it throughout because you will be putting them in the crockpot. You just want them to have a nice golden brown breading on each side.
4. Spray crockpot with cooking spray and place the chicken into the crockpot. Sprinkle the italian seasoning on top of the chicken.
5. Mix together the lemon juice and chicken broth. Pour over the chicken and seasonings.
6. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Recipe from The Recipe Critic . Make sure you check them out for more yummy recipes!
Serving idea: Serve with a side of rice and a fresh salad