Prep time:15 mins
Cook time:20 mins
Total time:35 mins
- 1 pound pizza dough (try this great recipe!)
- 1 Tbls butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a splat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Saute roasted garlic for 1 minute.
- Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half.
- Mix in the pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese. Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over the dough. Top with chicken, red onions and cheese. Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs. Cut and serve immediately
Get this and more great recipes from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts!