Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 45 min
Makes: 6 servings (1 1/4 cups each)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) baked beans
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 TBS butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 425°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir baked beans and barbecue sauce into beef. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 18 to 22 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
Thanks Betty Crocker for the recipe 🙂