- 1 lb ground beef (turkey works too)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 can italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 10 oz frozen spinach (thawed)
- 16 oz. cooked pasta
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
- In a skillet, brown the beef with onion powder and garlic.
- Once cooked, drain fat. Place meat mixture in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add in tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for about 5-6 hours.
- About 30 minutes prior to being done, add in the spinach, cooked pasta, and Mozzarella cheese. Allow to finish cooking. Serve warm and top with Parmesan cheese!
Recipe adapted from this recipe here: http://thecookinchicks.blogspot.com/2013/06/slow-cooker-italian-casserole.html