We love Fettuccine Alfredo but just eating pasta doesn’t fill up a hungry husband very easily. I always add some sort of meat to ours. Ham or chicken go great. To bulk it up even more, add veggies! Like broccoli or sauteed zucchini and yellow squash.
Fettuccine Alfredo (serves 4)
- 2 cups fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
- Cook fettuccine according to directions.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Stir flour into butter until you have a nice paste.
- Slowly stir in milk
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in garlic and salt and cook one more minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over pasta and sprinkle parsley on top.
This recipe was adapted from Cooking for Two: A Collection of Quick and Easy Recipes Sized Just Right for Two