- ½-1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Chicken Broth
- 3 large baking Potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ in cubes
- 4 cups of Broccoli, chopped (about 2 medium heads or 1 bag frozen)
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 cups low-fat Milk
- 6 TBS Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ – ¾ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup chopped ham
- In a large stockpot, add chicken broth, potatoes, onion powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli. Continue to simmer with the pot covered for about 5 more minutes or until both potatoes and broccoli are tender.
- While soup is simmering, combine cream cheese, milk, and flour in a blender and process until smooth. When potatoes and broccoli are tender, add the milk mixture to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add ham cubes.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
- This recipe is adapted from the Our Best Bites “Mormon Mom’s in the Kitchen” cookbook. It’s one of my favorite cookbooks. You can buy it here.