YIELD: MAKES 4-5 LARGE QUESADILLAS
- 8 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, store-bought or this homemade version
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sour cream, salsa, avocados for serving
- Preheat a griddle or skillet on the stovetop to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the turkey, barbecue sauce and green chiles. Spread an equal amount of this mixture on four of the tortillas (or five if you are spreading it thinner and making more quesadillas). Sprinkle the green onions over the top of the mixture and then top with the shredded cheese. Top with a tortilla and place the quesadillas on the griddle or stovetop, cooking for about 2-3 minutes each side until the tortillas are golden brown and crisp and the filling is hot and cheese is melted.
Recipe and Photo Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe