YIELD: SERVES 4-6
- 1 pound dry fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat milk (I used 1%)
- 1 (8-ounce) light or regular cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, boil the fettuccine according to package directions. Add the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain the pasta and peas in a colander and set aside.
- While the pasta is boiling, in a large 12-inch skillet or a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the cubed cream cheese, whisking or stirring until it is well combined with the butter and garlic and the mixture is relatively smooth. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue stirring and cooking until the mixture is bubbly and hot, 1-2 minutes. Remove the skillet or pot from the heat and stir in the ham and Parmesan cheese.
- Return the pasta and peas to the large pot they cooked in and pour in the sauce. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. Seriously. I love her blog. You should check it out.